Need caramel sauce for this weekend…
Homemade Caramel Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup ( I’ve used dark with success)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter on low heat.
2. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and milk, stirring to combine. Increase heat to medium (or maybe a little below medium).
3. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Make sure to use a heat resistant spoon.
4. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla and (optional) cinnamon.
5. Serve warm or cold over apple slices, ice cream or whatever you fancy!