Here’s a recipe I found on Mrs. January that I can’t wait to make!
Homemade Gnocchi Recipe (Click here to print the recipe.)
– 6-8 Medium Russet Potatoes
– 2 Cups Flour
– 1 Teaspoon Salt
1. Peel & was your potatoes and boil in a large pot until tender, about 40 minutes. Let cool completely.
2. Mash potatoes (we use a potato ricer and it is one of our favourite kitchen tools!) until there are no lumps at all.
3. Add salt and then add the flour 1/2 cup at a time, kneading well with each addition (you may need to add more than 2 cups.. the key is to make sure the “dough” is not sticky at all).
4. Once all of the flour has been incorporated and your dough is holding together and is not sticky, form it into a ball and then divide it into 4-6 smaller balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into long strips (about 3/4 inch thick). Cut the strips into 1 inch pieces. Repeat with remaining balls.
5. Boil the gnocchi in boiling, salted water for no more than 2 minutes (they will float to the top when cooked). If they start to fall apart while boiling, that means you did not use enough flour when making the dough.
6. Toss gnocchi in homemade pasta sauce, top with cheese and enjoy!
Makes 3-4 servings.